First of, I must say that I am really glad someone (any company) is doing such a thing and publishing the results in such a digestible manner.
Now into the nitty gritty:
I feel like people should really care about this kind of things. Companies are willing to listen and as a customers we should do our best to raise our opinions and concerns. It is now that we have the most power.
Here are 7 reasons why I think this is important:
- Now is the best time to have a say and shape the future. Meal replacement brands are looking for the perfect product, the best delivery method, the best way to serve you. Their survival currently depends on your satisfaction, because their market reach is limited and there is a lot of competition (mostly Europe). Now is when they are willing to listen, use it to your advantage.
- Do you have any idea of how it could improve? Anything you dislike about the current market; shipping costs, overall cost, use of certain ingredients? Raise your voice and make it clear.
- More information should also mean better products. Products evolved and optimized for the consumer needs.
- Co-operation between brands should be encouraged to “normalize” complete foods and have them more easily available.
- More interest also means more escrutiny and better regulations. We should care about scammy brands, badly researched products and potentially harmful shakes to ever making it to the market.
- It would be a good document to show those who you are trying to convince to join the revolution.
- You can earn €85/$100 worth of products for your hassle.
Yes, this will benefit the companies and should ideally be done by a external audit backed up by more companies (including Jimmyjoy, Soylent and Huel; which currently are out). However, if participation is high in Survey's like this it will hint the other companies about the willingness for neutral and unbiased audits of the market.
I share more of my thoughts about the 2017 results and the current limitations of the the survey here: https://latestfuels.com/resources/complete-food-survey/
I have already shared my opinion. You should too.
I think especially people from the US should care, since currently they are getting the worst part of the pie.